Friday, December 28, 2018

THE BEAUTY OF LIFE

I was recently on a short trip to Kannur, a place I most wanted to visit, whenever I visit Mangalore and was a much a do, of the bloodshed and the anxiety the country portrays to values and its people. In my recent expedition I was invited to participate in the State Peace Convention, organized by the local community and in honor to felicitate the son of the soil Mr Rajagopalachari, founder of Ektha Parishad and Gandhian, in a much a do of the conversation, I was happy that I met him and was much elated to understand what it takes to speak to him of life he had been, in districts of Chambal and the million march to freedom. The event was a one day mixed with panelists and thought provoking sessions and was much delighted to be part of a great bunch, the evening had come and I returned back to the place I was given to rest for the night and was already quite tired and was back, to plan for the next day, tomorrow is a Sunday and I have my train to catch at 15: 40 back to Chennai, in the evening was in a quiet conversation with my fellow co partner carlos, who is presently in Scotland, and who assisted me in the local travel. I decided since I have only half a day left, matter of just few hours, let me visit St. Angelo Fort, Arakkal Museum, and the Holy Trinity Church, since it was a Sunday and I am a catholic J so had took a walk over to eat biriyani and beef and to my surprise, It was much cheaper than Chennai, delighted to have, feasted on the dish and I was back to my room to rest for the night.
The Sunday began by around 0830 am, when I was ready and I went nearby to have tea and some chota wala snacks, and was much happy by the warm welcome, the cheta (elderbrother) owner of the shop who gave a cup chai (hot tea) in cup and saucer for just 10 rupees. J , the day began with a auto ride to St Angelo Fort, which was something special , I can cherish to keep in life.
Some Precepts of History
(Courtesy Wiki)

St. Angelo's Fort was built in 1505 by Dom Francisco de Almeida, the first Portuguese Viceroy of India on the Arabian sea coast about 2 km from Kannur town. It was attacked in vain by the local Indian ruler Zamorin and kolathiri in the Siege of Cannanore (1507).
The fort is in the Cannanore Cantonment area. It is fairly well preserved as a protected monument under the Archaeological Survey of India. St Angelo's fort is a most important historical monument and a popular tourist attraction. Six Tourism Policeman are posted here for protection duty.
In 2015, thousands of cannonballs weighing several kilos were discovered from the Fort premises. The Archaeological Survey of India, which led the excavation, believes these were buried as part of military preparedness.
There is an on-line 2010 PhD thesis on Fort St. Angelo (with a comparison to Bekal Fortress), with numerous photographs and the author has worked on the fortress as an archaeologist.

The Arrakkal Museum is a museum dedicated to the Arakkal family, the only Muslim royal family in KeralaIndia. The museum is actually a section of the Arakkalkettu (Arakkal Royal Palace). The durbar hall section of the palace has been converted into a museum by the Government of Kerala. It was opened in July 2005 after a Rs. 9,000,000 renovation.
Although renovated by the government, the Arakkalkettu is still owned by the Arakkal Royal Trust and does not fall under the control of the country's archaeology department, the Archaeological Survey of India. The government had taken a keen interest in preserving the heritage of the Arakkal Family, which had played a prominent role in the history of Malabar. A nominal entry fee is charged by the Arakkal Royal Trust from visitors to the museum.






                It was a delight to land up there, since it was a fortress, that you can sit back and spend the entire day over there, it also gave me an wonder, how beautiful life is, and why is that we are doing so much bad to the society we live in quoting deforestation, why not leave earth to leave life as it is.
And took a stroll about 2 kms from there on to Arakkal Museum, the famous dynasty which is still history, possibly even life was made to realize, this dynasty was at its very best and owned majority of them.
Since it was Sunday I decided to take a visit to the Holy Trinity Cathedral Church, which is still #InnerPeace and the me time to cherish.
It was a stunning experience, as it was a solo expedition after quite a long time and a much needed break before the new year2019!
And took back an auto back to the station to catch my train back to Chennai and was happy to relish some fond memories to be back to home.
Cheers
Joseph Kamal Francis
#wiki #metime #insta #kannur #angelofort #solo #tripforlife #decembertoremeber #walktoremeber #memories #discovery #beautyoflife #understandingme #society #sociallife #history #arakkaldynasty #facts #bio #whenwalkingwasagift #gift #understandinglife #differentpeople, 





























1 comment:

  1. It was an meaningful sharing Mr Kamal, visiting places is the most exciting and adventures things to do... keep doing great things ❤🔥

    ReplyDelete

WHY BEING THERE ALWAYS IS LIFE CHANGING

  I was recently on a pilgrimage to accompany few young people, on their 1 ST Experience of Visiting Velankanni Shrine, Nagapattinam and al...